Monday, September 21, 2009

My First Meal

Freshly baked lasagna. Layers and layers of noodles; ground beef and sweet italian sausage tomato sauce with tomatoes, spinach, and basil; and ricotta and mozzarella cheese on top. It's cut into squares then served on a plate with a leafy garden salad with radish, black olives, and artichoke heart.


I really like cooking, so I decided to cook this meal. First I cut the onions and garlic. After that, I peeled the sausage casing off, and put the sausage in the pot along with the ground beef. And then I put in the onions and garlic. I added dried basil, fresh tomatoes, frozen chopped spinach, and tomato paste. I stirred all of that to make the meat sauce.

My mom boiled a pot of water, and I put lasagna noodles in. When the noodles were all done, I spread a layer of meat sauce in the baking pan. I put a layer of noodles on top. After that, I put another layer of meat sauce, followed by a layer of ricotta, then a layer of mozarella cheese. I went in that order three times. Then my mom stuck it in the oven and let it bake for 30 minutes at 400 ° F.

6 comments:

  1. Those both look so good! I think you will do great at whatever you do! You made me so hungry that I need to go have lunch! To bad you are not here to fix it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very delicious. Keep up the good work and above enjoy what you do & be creative as you can. The next Top Chef! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go master chef girlfriend!! That meal looks fabulous! What a lucky family (you did let them in on that didn't you???) xoxox, Amy (Isaac's mom- remember me? Maybe not so much, but your mom does)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you got talent!!:) do update regularly, with pictures too! have fun cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You are such a talented chef! We are very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm Sue, your Mommy's childhood friend ... You are such a very impressive girl and a great cook. My daughter is 8 and she loves to cook, too! I hope she will be as good as you when she gets to your age.

    ReplyDelete